Helping You Support Students & Schools
The West Des Moines Community Schools (WDMCS) Foundation can help your fundraising organization or group achieve its goal to support students.
We offer easy and convenient financial services related to fundraising. These include:
- Accounting services
- Investment services through our established portfolio
- Financial reporting
- Tax preparation
- 501(c)(3) status (for those who are part of WDMCS Foundation)
- Organizational management consultation
As an affiliate, you also receive the following services:
- Use of the WDMCS Foundation’s gambling license in the State of Iowa. The Foundation will file all necessary reports (sales tax and annual gambling report) to the State of Iowa for compliance. Your group will provide the fundraising activity for each gambling activity performed.
- A letter that your organization may use to comply with the IRS-required acknowledgement to donors of their contribution of $250 or more to your group.
- Annual Form 990 filing with the IRS that will incorporate your group’s financial activity to be in compliance with IRS filing requirement.
Become a WDMCS Foundation Affiliate
The WDMCS Foundation Treasurer can guide you through the simple process, which includes:
- Reviewing and signing the WDMCS Foundation affiliate agreement.
- Establishing a bank account using the WDMCS Foundation’s Tax ID number.
- Determining two individuals from your group who will be signors on the bank account. The WDMCS Foundation Chairperson and Treasurer will also be signors on the account.
- Submitting at least quarterly financial statements and other acceptable activity reports to the WDMCS Foundation Treasurer.
We can assist your organization as it maintains its advisory board and performs its regular activities. We are your partners!
Low, Easy Service Fees
We share your desire to make sure the money raised for students goes to students. We provide a flat annual fee or 3 percent of your total fundraising dollars – whichever is lower!
|You Raise||Our Maximum Fee*|
|$100,001 or More||$1,500|
*Flat fee or 3 percent, whichever is less